Upon switching to Mac OS X I needed to find a new development studio for my PHP works. I searched high and low and read many tutorials from many forums around the world. However, I have finally settled with NetBeans. NetBeans is an open-source application, which is not only capable of syntax highlighting PHP but Java, C/C++, Groovy, Ruby and many many more. It supports many platforms such as Windows, Linux, Mac OS C and even Solaris.
….. No, not A GIMP – just GIMP – The GNU Image Manipulation Program. Everyone knows just how powerful Adobe Photoshop is, which is all well and good if you are a professional user who can claim the costs back against your companies funds.. However for the average home user, wanting to edit their holiday photo’s from Costa France, there are few alternatives that provide similar ability and tools..
- ShoveBox – Catch all the little scraps of information that you can’t immediately act on, but don’t want to forget. ShoveBox sits up in your menu bar, waiting for you to drag in text, images, URLs, and more
- WriteRoom – WriteRoom is a simple, but powerful app that provides you with a distraction-free writing environment. WriteRoom does one main thing and does it incredibly well: It’s all about writing…
- Twitterific – Twitterrific is an exquisite app that enables you to make the most out of your Twitter experience. It has a clean user interface that’s designed to take up little of your precious desktop space.
- TinyGrab – TinyGrab is a simple, powerful app that enables you to quickly share screenshots of everything on your Mac.
- Hordes of Orcs – Hordes of Orcs is a Tower Defense strategy game where you build walls and towers to defend your village from orcs gone rogue.
- Mariner Write – Mariner Write is a fast, streamlined word processor that’s useful for everyone… professional writers, educators, students, casual computer users, and everyone in-between. It has a simple, elegant user interface so that you can create beautiful documents the very first time you start using it.
The download is available to the public from IE8’s homepage, the download comes in at 13.3MB, but as with all IE installs, this simply downloads more files from the net prior to installation.
The download finished quite quickly, however with most installs thesedays requires a reboot before it takes effect.
Over the next few hours, I will be using IE8 as my default browser whilst I work on an offline website I am building for someone. I will post back any rantsravesreviews as and when I come across them.
For now – enjoy the future of one of the worlds most commonly used browsers!
Recently my uncle was approached by a company offering to improve the Google PageRank of his companies website for a sum of money.. Now, somewhere out there I am sure there are geniune people who work this in the right way.. However this person was talking overnight transformations, which unless you live under a stone you should know that this is impossible.
Up until now I haven’t had much to do with my uncles site. Mainly due to project workloads and general day to day tasks.. However, I took this as a good opertunity to test my skills and see if I could improve it. So starting from Sunday I am going to do all maner of things to the site.
The site currently scores 45 over at websitegrader.com. Which is a good indication that the site needs work.
I plan on doing the following to the site:
- Create a 301 Redirect to send all cab-travel.co.uk traffic to www.cab-travel.co.uk. This is a good way of ensuring google handles both addresses as one site.
- Unify the meta tagsmeta description.
- Get the site listed in all manor of online directories.
- Set up an analytics account in order to drill down on the traffic it currently receives.
- Set up xml site maps for submission to all of the major search engines.
- Finally.. Sit back and watch the rating slowly increase on the same site I first tested it on. To prove you too can improve your sites rating and traffic for free with just a little investment of time!
If you are interested in seing the results of the trial then check back here a week on Sunday for more information!