From the makers of the amazingly powerful CleanMyMac comes CleanMyPC! Now not only can you keep your OS X running in much like a ‘fresh install’ state – but you can also declutter your Microsoft Windows installation too.
MacPaw are an independent software development company with offices in the United States and Ukraine
CleanMyPC is an application designed for Windows 7 and 8 with one goal in mind, that is to keep your PC running as good as new. PC’s get clogged up with temporary files and application install remnants which surge no purpose and simply slow your machine down. Although some of the tasks the application completes automatically could technically be done manually, CleanMyPC takes the admin burden out of the tasks. What’s more it’s capable of doing all the tasks at the same time, with little to no user interaction at all.
This is perfect if you’ve more important things to focus on.
MacPaw are constantly improving their software, and updates to the CleanMyPC app come thick and fast, meaning the software you are using is always up to date, and aware of installed applications and critical systems files. This means CleanMyPC is the safest way possible to remove system files, without the risk of damaging your operating system install.
- My Computer Cleanup – Capable of clearing down Caches & Logs, Trash and Junk files, including system restore data and windows error reports.
- Registry Maintenance – The registry is a pretty unruly place, especially if you are constantly installing and uninstalling software. There are many applications on the market which claim to clear down the registry. However, none seem as thorough as CleanMyPC.
- Complete Application Uninstaller – Some application uninstallation executables are poorly designed, and often leave hidden system files, folders and registry entries behind. You can avoid that by using CleanMyPC to remove the application for you.
- Gadgets and Extensions Manager – Applications to add functionality to things like Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer generally do so via extensions, this is a pain-free way of managing and removing old and unused extensions. Doing so can often speed up the application.
- Autorun manager – Some applications automatically insert themselves in Windows startup locations, sometimes this is useful, sometimes all this achieves is a longer boot time for your Windows device. This section of CleanMyPC helps remove the no longer needed or value added auto run entries.
- Privacy Guard – Privacy is of grave concern, so protecting your privacy is paramount. Applications such as Internet Explorer collect cookies from sites you visit. The built-in Privacy Guard helps clean down cookies and other files containing identifiable information.
- Secure Erase – A normal file delete leaves remnants of the old file behind, thus making it possible to actually recover the file. Which can both be handy and a potential security issue. Should you have a file you know you want to securely delete, you can use the built-in facility to not only delete but make sure recovery is impossible.
You can grab a trial version of CleanMyPC absolutely free of charge from MacPaw’s website, once you’ve downloaded the trial and seen just how powerful it is, you can purchase a copy for just £29.95 which is at least £40 cheaper then professional IT services would charge to do the same thing!