A recent announcement form a source (which has often proved to be correct) has suggested Apple’s latest (and greatest yet?) is scheduled to land a little earlier then expected.. KGI Securities Ming-Chi Kuo tags the iPhone 6s / iPhone 7 release date as being sometime in August, and not the original (and standard) September date.
KGI’s analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has listed 11 features he suggests we may get to see on the next iPhone revision, and also put to bed rumours of a smaller 4inch model:
- Screen sizes are to remain at 4.7 and 5.5.
- A new colour case will be added to the mix, the rose gold colour as featured in the recent Apple Watch Edition releases
- The rear facing camera is likely to be capable of 12MP snaps, some other sources also suggest the camera will no longer protrude from the flat casing of the phone
- An additional microphone will be added on the rear of the device to improve voice quality of call
- The A9 processor will be used, along side 2GB of LPDDR4 memory
- Several design and mechanical adjustments will be made to prevent potential repeats of ‘bend-gate’
- Several improvements will be made to the Touch ID chip and workings to further the take-on of Apple Pay
- Introduction of force sensitive touch screen, enabling more input methods, including handwriting, and signature support
As Ming-Chi Kuo has known to be slightly out on his launch dates in the past, I personally am remaining sceptical on this one.. However, worth reporting non the less – who knows, they may surprise us all!