One of the requirements of my new laptop was that it had to be able to connect into the remote sites I often connect onto. One of the applications I use for connecting to the networks is Check Points SecureClient..
1. The Checkpoint installer refuses to install
The installer checks up for the Darwin Kernel version 9. In Snow Leopard we have version 10. So two files need to be edit within the installer package.
- just right click on the installer and select Show Package Contents. This opens finder within the package.
- go to Contents/Resources.
- open TextEdit, use vi in a shell or whatever you prefer to edit a simple file
- on file “InstallationCheck” change the number 9 in line 8 to number 10: if [ “$MAJOR” != “10” ]; then
- same on file “postinstall “ change the number 9 in line 84 to number 10
That’s it. Just install it and reboot. Changes need to make afterwards in order to have it starting.
In the words of the mere cat… Simplez!