Recently my uncle was approached by a company offering to improve the Google PageRank of his companies website for a sum of money.. Now, somewhere out there I am sure there are geniune people who work this in the right way.. However this person was talking overnight transformations, which unless you live under a stone you should know that this is impossible.
Up until now I haven’t had much to do with my uncles site. Mainly due to project workloads and general day to day tasks.. However, I took this as a good opertunity to test my skills and see if I could improve it. So starting from Sunday I am going to do all maner of things to the site.
The site currently scores 45 over at websitegrader.com. Which is a good indication that the site needs work.
I plan on doing the following to the site:
- Create a 301 Redirect to send all cab-travel.co.uk traffic to www.cab-travel.co.uk. This is a good way of ensuring google handles both addresses as one site.
- Unify the meta tagsmeta description.
- Get the site listed in all manor of online directories.
- Set up an analytics account in order to drill down on the traffic it currently receives.
- Set up xml site maps for submission to all of the major search engines.
- Finally.. Sit back and watch the rating slowly increase on the same site I first tested it on. To prove you too can improve your sites rating and traffic for free with just a little investment of time!
If you are interested in seing the results of the trial then check back here a week on Sunday for more information!