San Francisco, CA – October 05th, 2010 – SPB Software, a leading mobile applications and games developer, today announced the latest version of its best-selling mobile user interface (UI), SPB Mobile Shell 5.0, for device manufacturers and carriers. SPB Mobile Shell 5.0 provides a uniform user interface across most mobile operating systems: Android, Symbian, Windows Mobile and more.
The SPB Mobile Shell series is the most awarded mobile UI solution available on the market today. It has been publicly recognized as the number one best-selling mobile application across all smartphone platforms for the past 4 years. SPB Mobile Shell has also been successful among mobile carriers and OEMs, and has been deployed by over 15 device manufacturers and carriers, including Sony Ericsson, Toshiba, and O2.
SPB Mobile Shell 5.0 – Key Features:
- The first complete 3D mobile phone interface, offering an extremely fast and natural user experience. User interactions become much more intuitive in a real 3D environment.
- Single place to access all smartphone features: combining traditional widget based homescreen and application launcher via stunning 3D homescreen.
- Fast switching between screens with a single gesture.
- Supports almost any mobile operating system by means of a platform adaption layer. It currently offers support for Android, Symbian and Windows Mobile and is porting for more.
- The first mobile UI where widgets have been implemented correctly, enabling users to convert any icon to a widget in just one click.
SPB UI Engine provides the foundation for the SPB Mobile Shell user interface, featuring natural interaction engine, physics engine, feedback engine and more; working together to provide fast development of the best UI.
“Users have been demanding a user interface that looks good and feels natural, while carriers have been trying to find a uniform solution across multiple platforms to help address fragmentation issues and provide a unified experience for their customers,” said SPB CEO Sebastian-Justus Schmidt. “SPB Mobile Shell 5.0 satisfies these issues by making the best multi-platform UI available to carriers and OEMs that can be easily personalized.”
SPB will be hosting a SPB Mobile Shell 5.0 Roadshow to launch the product, which starts today in San Francisco and will include cities such as London, Tokyo, Taipei, Moscow, Sao Paulo, Cape Town, Berlin, amongst others. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in arranging a product demo and executive meeting.
About SPB Software (www.spb.com)
SPB is a leading brand in mobile software, standing for a unique line of popular consumer products and partnerships with the world’s most innovative handset makers and wireless carriers. SPB’s software solutions deliver richer smartphone experiences and enable subscribers to do more with their mobile data connections. SPB Software is the maker of the world’s single number one best-selling mobile application – SPB Mobile Shell. For more information, please visit www.spb.com.
Follow SPB Software on Twitter:
Connect with SPB Software on Facebook:
Subscribe to SPB news via RSS: