For as long as there has been an iPod (2001) there has been iTunes.. Starting out life as iTunes digital jukebox software, it truly has decided the masses. Some users love everything it’s about, others believe it was Satans doing.. It’s fair to say it has had its up’s and downs, 6 times out of 10 iTunes updates (on Windows) tend to go haywire causing countless hours of headache for music lovers the world over.
iStick has been developed to reduce the need for iTunes when transferring media to Apple devices..
“iStick is the beginning of something really revolutionary,” said Peter Bondarevsky, Softorino’s co-founder. “We love Apple. We love iPhone, but iTunes, is just too outdated and did not reach its full potential, especially for Windows users.”
Now with iStick installed all you have to do to transfer stuff is mount it as a drive, and copy and paste… No, seriously.. That’s all! Check out this youtube video and see for yourself just how easy it is..
- Upload Music, Videos, Books & Ringtones to Device
- Transfer Media (Music, Photos, Videos, Books & Ringtones) from iOS device to any PC
- Multiple iOS device management (i.e. transfer music directly between two iPhones)
- Access the uploaded media immediately after the transfer.
- No need to install iTunes.
- Mount iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch as a USB Stick.
- AFC2 access, the app can read & write to the iOS device real root. *Jailbreak required.
- Simplistic Interface (Copy & Paste | Drag & Drop compatible)
You can grab a FREE copy of iStick from Softorino’s website using the following direct download link
As a (primarily) OS X user I, generally don’t suffer with the iTunes issues I know my Windows friends do, but apart from my affinity to Apple and iTunes – this application seems flawless. iTunes for Windows users rejoice, a pain-free method of data transfer!