Outlook.com API is scheduled to launch in the summer this year.. Which may not be news to some.. However, a recent announcement may be. Microsoft have partnered up with Boomerang, dubbed a market-leading productivity software company, to deliver its powerful Boomerang system.
The Boomerang system is a power users best friend when faced with the day to day email and appointment management drain on resources.
Boomerang supports a pretty impressive feature set:
- Ability to time delay emails, ranging all the way from hours to months in the future.
- Ability to suggest times/dates to meet up, without the need for navigating countless calendars.
- Schedule meetings directly in the body of your email.
- One click meeting confirmations, Recipients can confirm the meeting by just clicking a time that works for them!
- Embed true free/busy status inside an email, which remains always up to date.
- Alert if a sent email doesn’t receive a response
and more besides…
Check out this animation of a meeting acceptance;
Not only will Outlook.com users benefit from this partnership, Office365 users will also have the opportunity to utilise this functionality!
To get a sneak peak of the Boomerang system, and to sign up to the mailing list for updates check out the Boomerang Website.