More and more recently I have been given computers with
mass Rootkit infections. Each unable to connect out to the net, performing painfully slowly and most advertising the infection and attempting to spread using the instant messenger network.
“Combofix was designed to scan a computer for known malware, spyware (SurfSideKick, QooLogic, and Look2Me as well as any other combination of the mentioned spyware applications) and remove them.
ComboFix allows the manual removal of spyware infections . It ‘s a specialized effective cleaning tool, which is useful compared to other malware and spyware removers.
How to use combofix:
- Disable or Close all anti-spyware, anti-malware antivirus real-time protection, which may affect ComboFix.
- Download the latest version of ComboFix (2.8mb)save to you desktop
- Close all programs of you computer
- Double click ComboFix.exe on you desktop
- When Combofix finished, it will create logs for you.
Obviously I would still recommend using an AntiVirus application such as McAfee and perform regular updates and scans!