A throwback to the arcade brawlers of the past but featuring modern fighting game mechanics and engrossing RPG elements, Dungeon Punks is filled with crazy magic spells, custom combo attacks and tag team-inspired tactical mayhem. Set in a world of magic, mystery and corporate greed, players will discover loot and adventure as they seek to unravel the dark secrets of RezCorp in an effort take down the corrupt bigwigs of the resurrection insurance industry.
“Dungeon Punks is a nod to the classic era of arcade brawlers and beat ‘em ups — when gaming was exciting and challenging, but still entirely accessible; when co-op was new and the camaraderie of a multiplayer adventure called you to the corner store for just one more round; when games were hard, satisfying and best experienced with friends,” said Dan Goldstein, Co-Founder and Developer at Hyper Awesome Entertainment. “We wanted to make the game that we wished we could play, one that would take the best parts of fighting games like X-Men vs. Street Fighter and put them in the middle of a fantasy adventure full of devastating magic spells, custom combos, powerful weapons, interactive environments, power ups, and of course, rideable laser shooting unicorns…”
Dungeon Punks is a hilarious mash up of medieval times, magic and modern reality delivering players its own unique and quirky spin on the classic brawling genre. Some of the many features include:
- Multiplayer-Centric Design: Interactions between party members is paramount. How you use healing potions, power-ups, mounts, rage attacks and decisions about whether to stay or flee, all create a collaborative and ever-changing cooperative dynamic.
- One-of-a-Kind Tag Team System: The game introduces a unique real-time tag team system that allows each player to control two heroes at once. Tagging in during combat allows you to craft custom combos by chaining together moves and spells from different members of your party, opening up new ways to play.
- Innovative PVP Battle Arenas: “Joust mode” unlocks unlimited replay-ability via player versus player brawls to the death in every fighting location in the game. Each player gets a tag team of two heroes with separate health and mana, opening up a variety of play styles and strategies for defeating opponents. The twist: each arena includes a Boss and his minions which you need to use as tactical assets to charge mana and damage your opponents!
- Highly Streamlined RPG: Players can accept side quests given out by NPCs across the 12 epic levels, and between brawls they have some deep spending choices to make regarding their party’s equipment and spells.
- Variety of Magical Spells and Team Attacks: Players can learn and upgrade spells and equipment for each party member, allowing players to custom-build their own band of heroes to suit their play style and strategy.
- Powerful Creatures: Tame and ride powerful creatures like saber tooth cats, gorillas, and laser shooting unicorns. While riding, players can swing their hero’s weapon and control their mount’s special attacks at the same time.
- Interactive Environments and Hidden Power-Ups: Various objects and interactive features placed throughout rooms introduce surprising, and often unpredictable, ways to take out enemies. Accidentally burning a spider egg-sac can result in an unpleasant surprise, but using lightning on it has quite the opposite effect. Players can discover hidden items around the world ranging from healing potions and enchantments, to electric eel eggs and dragon summoning scrolls.
- PlayStation® Cross-Buy Compatible: Purchase of PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®Vita version unlocks the digital version on the other platform.
Dungeon Punks is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation®4 for $14.99. The game will also be released for the PlayStation®Vita on August 16, and is PlayStation® Cross-Buy compatible. Windows PC and OS X versions will arrive later this summer on Steam. For more information about Dungeon Punks, visit www.dungeonpunksgame.com.