Well ok.. Perhaps that’s going a step too far.. However oneway offers a quick and easy way of uploading files to either FTP or SSH sites direct from your ‘right click’ context menu.
Once completed, the details added are stored and a new context menu is added to the list. The next time you highlight a file and click it Oneway will automatically upload the file to the directory.
This really is a quick and simple way to upload large or small volumes of files.
You can download OneWay here (Requires OS X 10.5 or higher)
If you spend allot of time uploading files to FTP sites then you may well find this automator add-on invaluable. Essentially this enables you to create a ‘drop box’ type folder in which you can drop files. Then hit the Automator application shortcut, which will automatically ‘chuck’ them up to an FTP folder of your choice.
All iPhone owners will already be aware of the lack of features in the built in iPhone camera app. It was a bit of a disappointment if you ask me.. However, the people of at Joby have released the new Gorillarcam app. Which sports some pretty nifty features, plus it’s completely FREE!
- Self-Timer – Set your camera up on your tripod and set the timer for that family group shot, no longer will your beautiful face be missing from your pictures!
- Time-lapse – Set your camera up to take a shot every 10 seconds, to achieve a perfect time-lapse collection, handy for stop start animation perhaps?
- 3 Shot Burst – handy for catching those all important action shots, one press of the button gives you 3 shots 3 seconds apart.
- Bubble Level – does what it says on the tin, perfect if you are using your iPhone on a tripod and want to achieve perfect level photos
- Grid – again, pretty self explanatory – split the screen up into grid squares, handy for getting something in perfect centre of your shot.
- Press Anywhere – is a nice feature, enables you to take the picture by tapping the picture and not the small capture button ilke in the built in iPhone app.