Since the Xbox One launch back in November 2013 Microsoft have been bombarded with feedback about the under TV powerhouse.. People wanted expansion to the Xboxes already mammoth feature list! Well Microsoft listened, and this week announced the very latest addition to the accessory list.The Xbox One digital TV tuner is a £24.99 accessory which promises to bring live TC and OneGuide to the much-loved console.
The accessory is due to be released in UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain in October this year. It connects to the Xbox using a standard USB cable and provides digital terrestrial TV via a standard aerial coax connection. The tuner will support the common digital TV standards; DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVB-C.
Whats more, if you already own the massively popular Xbox kinenct accessory the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner will support voice activation and commands!
- Watch HD TV on Xbox One: With the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner, you can watch free-to-air DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVB-C television channels without changing TV inputs. You can receive game invitations and notifications while watching TV and even watch TV while you wait for a multiplayer match to start.
- TV Viewing in Snap Mode: You can watch TV using the Snap mode, watching TV on the side and leaving the main screen for games, Skype, or other applications.
- Pause Live TV: Pause your favorite show when you get up to take a break.
- TV Listings in the OneGuide: TV listings will be available in the OneGuide. From anywhere, say “Xbox show guide, what’s on BBC One?” to quickly navigate directly to that channel’s listings*.
- Favorite Channels in the OneGuide: Create your own personal Favorites in the OneGuide so you can easily choose what you want to watch.
- Channel Tuning by Voice: The OneGuide allows you to call out your favorite TV channel by name and start watching it instantly*.
- The OneGuide on Xbox SmartGlass: Now you have access to the full OneGuide on the new Xbox SmartGlass app with the ability to tune channels on your TV.
- TV On Demand: TV listings in the OneGuide will indicate which shows are available on demand from video apps.