Over the last several years I have been disappointed by plastic USB flash drives and the fact they all fail in the same way. Countless USB Flash drives have been lost simply by the plastic keyring loop breaking off, causing frustration, data loss and financial pain.
Transcend USA have recently released an additional application for use with their JetFlash 220 secure storage devices. The JetFlash 220 is just like any normal USB memory stick, however – it has one extra little facility.. Built into the housing of the device is a biometric fingerprint scanner. The scanner protects a ‘private’ partition on the device which can only be unlocked with a swipe of the owners fingerprint.
As websitespolicys call for tighter security and more complex passwords, a decent and secure place for storing all your account information is essential. There are many applications on the market, however not all of them are as feature rich as SPB Software’s wallet application.
One of the requirements of my new laptop was that it had to be able to connect into the remote sites I often connect onto. One of the applications I use for connecting to the networks is Check Points SecureClient..
1. The Checkpoint installer refuses to install
The installer checks up for the Darwin Kernel version 9. In Snow Leopard we have version 10. So two files need to be edit within the installer package.
- just right click on the installer and select Show Package Contents. This opens finder within the package.
- go to Contents/Resources.
- open TextEdit, use vi in a shell or whatever you prefer to edit a simple file
- on file “InstallationCheck” change the number 9 in line 8 to number 10: if [ "$MAJOR" != "10" ]; then
- same on file “postinstall “ change the number 9 in line 84 to number 10
That’s it. Just install it and reboot. Changes need to make afterwards in order to have it starting.
In the words of the mere cat… Simplez!
St. Petersburg, February 09th, 2009 — Spb Software, world’s top Windows Mobile applications developer announces that Spb Wallet 2.0 for iPhone/iPod is finally available from Apple App Stores US and Canada. Spb Wallet 2.0 is a secure repository of most valuable private information, such as PINs, passwords, keys, account, passport, and credit card numbers is the first multiplatform application from Spb. With versions for iPhone, Symbian, and Windows Mobile smartphones plus a desktop component available, the new Spb Wallet helps users keep their private data safe, even when they swap phones or mobile platforms.
Spb Wallet securely stores sensitive information AES 256-encrypted and password-protected, supports automatic lockup, clipboard cleanup, and protects from phishing. The data can be synchronized between (and accessed from) multiple PCs and mobile devices. The virtual, electronically stored items, such as cards and passports look like real ones: Spb Wallet 2.0 offers an integrated online database of over seven thousand most popular cards, and the option to order more custom pictograms — for free. The desktop version offers advanced integration with web browsers, automatic supply and capture of websites login information, password generator, migration wizard from custom CSV formats and other wallet applications.
Spb Wallet for Apple iPhone, Select Features:
- Online gallery of cards, order more for free
- Cards flip flow -> Rotate iPhone and navigate through cards
- Password auto fill for websites in web browser
- Cloud sync with Google mailbox
- Sync with desktop over Wi-Fi using Bonjour
- Smart tags to call/SMS/email/etc
- Quick search
- Password generator
Spb Wallet Desktop Component, Select Features:
- User friendly desktop interface
- Import from other electronic wallets and custom CSV formats
- Sync with multiple mobile device
- Sync with file share and Google mailbox
- User name and password Autocomplete for websites in Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Drag & Drop for card fields into other applications
- Password generator and quick search
Pricing and Availability
Spb Wallet for iPhone and iPod may be purchased at Apple iTunes Store US or Canada for 9.95 USD. The Spb Wallet desktop component may be purchased for 9.95 USD, or a 15-day free trial version may be downloaded at www.spbsoftwarehouse.com.
Further Information and Downloads
Further information regarding Spb Wallet can be found at the Spb Software website:
About Spb Software (www.spbsoftwarehouse.com)
Spb is a leading brand in mobile software, standing for a unique line of popular consumer products and partnerships with the world’s most innovative OEMs and carriers, such as Acer, ASUS, E-TEN, Gigabyte, HTC, O2, Palm, Pharos, Samsung, SingTel, Sky Link, Sony Ericsson, Swisscom Mobile, Toshiba, T-Mobile, and VimpelCom. The popularity of Spb’s software solutions rests on profound usability research, relevance to valid subscriber needs and smartphone use cases, as well as superior technical implementation, stability, and quality graphic design.