Do you know that your gadgets and kitchen appliances are actually costing to run? If you actually take a step back and realise the cost of running your favourite console, your TV’s and stereos you may think twice about taking them off standby.
We all know that we should be keeping an eye on our energy consumption for the sake of the environment, but how many of us actually do? Juice Electrical Supplies recently produced this infographic based on the data collected by the Energy Saving Trust to encourage people to use more energy saving devices, to swap to energy saving light bulbs and maybe, just maybe, turn off their appliances behind them.
When you actually show how much the average home owners energy consumption is you become much more likely to affect change. When it is the consumers’ pockets that are lighter, when they realise that not only will they be helping the environment but also making their wallets a little fatter by saving money more people will make the change.
Take a trip through the infographic and start to add up how much your gadgets are costing you – you may be surprised!
With the introduction of camera based phone with internet access, applications started popping up all over the place claiming the ability of being able to read product barcodes and compare prices online. In the past I have found that the camera’s have never been really capable or in fact reliable enough to successfully scan the barcode and then find the product..
- Search – lookup any product sporting a barcode
- Reviews – quickly access reviews of products from real product owners around the world
- Price Alerts – If you are dying to make that product purchase, but not overly happy with the price you can set an alert and be notified once it’s within the range you set!
- Wish Lists – Easily create your wish list of items you want santa to bring you by simply scanning the item on your phone
- History – Each time you scan an item, ShopSavvy keeps a history of it giving you easy access previously scanned goods
- Best of all…. It’s FREE