Early in December I blogged about Evan Schoenberg’s Rowmote the ultimate iPhone/Mac remote control. Well Evan’s been busy developing Rowmote, and has come up with this new fantastic feature. Rowmote’s latest update (2.4) includes this on phone dock. Which mirrors the applications on your Mac’s Dock, highlighting the dock application on your iPhone either activates the app or launches it if it’s not already running.
- Transfer and share files between computers
- Print from your remote mac to local printers
- Share your Mac desktop with another remote user
LogMeIn is a web based remote access system which connects to machines with the LogMeIn remote client installed on them. The remote access client has a tiny over head and runs in the background on your Mac with a small icon sitting on your toolbar.
- LogMeIn Rescue - Web-based remote support without pre-installed software for PCs, Macs and Smartphones
- LogMeIn Central – Web-based management that helps deliver and administer LogMeIn’s remote access, computer management and VPN connectivity services.
- LogMeIn Pro² - Web-based anytime, anywhere access to your computer’s files and applications.
- LogMeIn Backup – Remote backup to your own storage devices, without relying on third-party or external storage services.
- LogMeIn Hamachi - a hosted VPN service that securely connects devices and networks.
- LogMeIn Free - gives you remote control of your PC or Mac from any other computer with an Internet connection.
- LogMeIn Ignition - gives you direct, one-click access to all your LogMeIn computers; no need to use a browser or remember multiple passwords.
- LogMeIn Ignition** - for iPhone and iPod touch provides fast, one-click access to your LogMeIn computers, directly from your Apple device.
I have to admit, one of the most used features of my Windows 7 PC at the office is the drag to hot zones feature. Where by moving an applications window to a predefined area of the screen performs a specific action. For example, dragging the window to the top of the screen maximises it.