Pidgin is an all in one instant messenger client, boasting a slick and fast user interface with versions available for
The change log, which has predomently been geared around logged tickets with the pidgin development team is:
- Improve sleep behavior by aggregation of longer timeouts on second boundaries to allow better power saving. (Arunan Balasubramaniam)
- Fix various crashes on exit.
- Make XML parsing more resilient to interactions with other libraries. This, along with the fix for libxml2 bug 564217, fixes the crashes on connect in XMPP with recent gst-plugins-bad (see #8830 for details).
- Many security related fixes
- Correctly handle WHOIS for users who are joined to a large number of channels.
- Notify the user if a /nick command fails, rather than trying fallback nicks.
- Fix a race condition causing occasional Pidgin crashes.
- Fix some errors about the friendly name changing too fast caused by MSN/Yahoo integration buddies.
- Less likely to pop up a new conversation window in disregard of the “Hide new IM conversations” preference.
- Fix a crash when sending very long messages.
- Fix a bug where UTF-8 status messages get garbled when going idle.
Pidging currently supports the following networks:
- Google Talk
Why not give pidgin a try, and chuck out some of your other clients!